Who do I contact about utilities?

Fiber Optic options are available through iFiber

Electric is provided through ComEd

Natural Gas is provided through Nicor Gas

Cable TV/Internet is provided through Comcast

Water is provided through Illinois American Water Company

Wastewater is provided through the City of Sterling (account setup is automatically forwarded from Illinois American Water Co., so there is no need to establish an account or service).

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find information on available locations for my business?
2. Where can I find information on expanding my business?
3. What should a business owner do before signing a lease or purchasing property?
4. How do I find out whether my business is a permitted use?
5. If I want to make changes to the interior of the building, what do I do?
6. Where can I find money or other financial assistance for my business?
7. How do I find out whether my existing building meets safety and fire code requirements?
8. I would like additional signage to promote my business. How do I find out what type of signage is permitted?
9. Who can help me promote my business?
10. Am I allowed to hold outdoor promotional events and activities?
11. I am going to sell/serve food, who do I need to contact?
12. Who do I contact about utilities?
13. What do I do if I want to dig on my property?
14. Where can I get copies of the City's Building Code and Zoning Ordinance?